School Development Plan
The following model outlines what Holmwood House School is all about and the development plan below outlines what the school plans to develop further over the forthcoming years.
As a successful and thriving co-educational Preparatory School we aim to:
- provide a 4-13 structure (with nursery provision from 6 months to 4 years) working ultimately towards an assessment framework at 13+;
- continue and develop the deployment of specialist teachers in subjects from Year 4 and younger where appropriate;
- send our children to a wide range of senior boarding and day schools with whom we will continue to forge excellent relationships;
- provide a full and broad programme of academic study;
- build into the children’s day, a rich and varied range of experiences aimed at developing the whole child in a truly ‘all-round’ education;
- provide a structured approach to developing children as independent learners and thinkers;
- provide an excellent pastoral care system;
- offer an outstanding Boarding programme which provides children with a positive experience of living away from home either on a weekly, flexi, or occasional basis;
- offer a superb Sports programme with the highest levels of participation in both team and individual sports;
- offer an extensive Arts programme which gives as many pupils as possible opportunities to develop their skills and talents across the ability range and, where possible and appropriate, to a high level;
- present an excellent Activities programme which ensures all children are offered a wide range over their time at school;
The detail of how we will achieve the following is contained in internal documentation which outlines timescales, costings, staff responsibilities and monitoring arrangements. It is hoped that the following document will give a clear indication of how and where the school is being led.
Click below for the.....