Pages in this Section
Aims of the School
Ethos, Aims & Objectives
Original 1922 statement:
Holmwood House School was opened “to develop the individuality and abilities of each child, to make them self-reliant and adaptable and to help them face reality”.
September 2009 onwards:
The school community (co-educational since 1985) still values this statement and would expand upon it stating that the school today aims to:
- develop the individuality of each child; helping them to achieve their full potential in all areas of their learning whilst appreciating the talents of those around them;
- encourage children to develop and grow as rounded individuals with high self-esteem and confidence in their abilities, through the provision of a wide range of quality activities and opportunities;
- encourage pupils to have enquiring minds and to be capable of independent thought as a result of their own sense of self worth and happiness;
- foster a love of learning, ensuring all children are happy at school, are self-reliant learners and are adaptable to a range of situations;
- provide a rich, diverse, broad and balanced curriculum within a safe, secure and caring environment;
- encourage care, courtesy and consideration through respect for others in order to prepare them for the outside world through the development of a range of life skills.