Nursery Admissions Process
53 children aged between 6 months and five years are able to attend the nursery which opens for 47 weeks of the year. However, children are able to attend for term-times only (38 weeks) if that is required. Flexible attendance is offered to suit individual needs.
The nursery has an open admissions policy; all children are welcome to attend. We feed into Holmwood House Prep School and also into other primary schools in the local and surrounding areas.
Nursery Registration and Offer Process (aged 6 months to 4 years)
1. Please contact the Nursery directly by phone, email, or by completing our online enquiry form. Vicki Shreeve or Charlotte Taylor, Nursery Managers, will be able to advise if there is space for your child. Children can join the Nursery from 6 months and up. Our nursery is very popular, so early registration is advised.
2. Please complete and submit our online registration form, which will be sent to you by the Nursery managers upon enquiry. The receipt of this places your child on our room lists for your chosen point of entry.
3. We will send you a final acceptance form, parental responsibility form and request for a deposit of £150 (returned to you when your child leaves the Nursery / school). Return of this contract and deposit completely secures your child’s place at Holmwood House Nursery. An email confirmation of receipt of these will be sent.
4. A digital new joiner form will also need to be completed prior to your child joining the Nursery so we can gather contact details, consents, medical information etc.
5. If you choose for your child to transition to our Pre-Reception or Reception class at the school, a Nursery to School transition form will be issued by the school Admissions Registrar and an additional £150 deposit will be payable to secure the school space. This total £300 deposit will be returned to you when your child leaves the school, less any disbursements. If your child leaves the Nursery at any other time, having given the requisite 8 weeks’ notice, your £150 Nursery deposit will be returned, less any disbursements.